Technical Account Manager
The Technical Account Manager is responsible for maintain long-term, trusting relationships with our customers. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities
This position is ideally suited for individuals with high drive and desire whom are new to sales and need opportunity and training.
What does an Technical Account Manager do?
Technical Account Managers (TAMs) provide high-level tech support to their customers before and after a sale or transaction. They report to the Sales & Marketing Manager and work with clients in the hopes of building strong relationships and to ensure customer satisfaction.
TAMs visit customers within an assigned area to ensure that their services are functioning well and advise customers of opportunities for additional services, products, or solutions. Sometimes, they coordinate installation or integration of services for a customer. They are tasked with identifying potential areas of concern for a customer before they arrive and deliver recommendations from current and potential internet technology needs during the business relationship. They train customers in the proper use of their products and answer product related queries in a timely and efficient manner. They provide reports to stakeholders on product performance and track account metrics.
This position is ideally suited for individuals with high drive and desire, who are new to sales, are seeking new opportunity and increasing their skillset.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, retention, and reference-ability for all assigned accounts.
- Establish and maintain a technical relationship with all assigned accounts.
- Comfortable in dealing with IT systems that support end-to-end business processes across the customers’ value chain.
- Navigate, escalate, and lead efforts on complex customer requests or projects involving multiple parties and systems.
- Develop relationships with new prospects by leveraging personal and business networks.
- Utilize a deep understanding of each customers environment to identify customer needs and implement solutions that will accelerate their success.
- Work with project managers to ensure that projects mesh well with the overall strategy and are implemented successfully.
- Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements in processes, systems, or products to improve the performance of the job area.
- Identify trends and prevent issues from occurring by being proactive.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- Ensure that all communication, interactions, assignments, details, and actions are clear, effective, timely and documented.
- Use best practices to drive standardization and efficiencies across your customer base to ensure full value realization.
- Manage a portfolio of clients and ensure success through the attainment of asset goals and objectives.
- Develop relationships with existing customers and focus on renewing customers contracts and upselling additional services.
- Clear understanding of the assigned accounts’ business goals and directions and drive return on investment with our products and services.
- Make and meet all commitments, build trust with customers, and help others to do the same.
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g., quarterly sales results and annual forecasts.
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager, IT Technician, or relevant role.
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and relationship-building skills.
- Strong Technical knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Solid experience with CRM software.
This is a commission sales position with a monthly base salary. We offer a great training plan, a fair commission plan and solid health benefits.
Our Training Program
We have a detailed training schedule set out for our sales people including industry information, sales process information and buyer-psychology information. We spend the first 90 days with each new salesperson personally training and orienting them to our business. After that, they have the opportunity to participate in an outside training program which we pay for.
If you are interested, please apply online by submitting your cover letter and resume in strict confidence to Sure Systems Human Resources by emailing us at
and state ‘Technical Account Manager’ in the subject line.